Dr. Beads

Saturday, April 02, 2005

Socks are a Few of My Favorite Things

My sister and I sat in her (now also my) accountant's office as he worked with the tax data about our mother's estate.

I looked down. "Nice socks," I told my sister.

The next day, we were cleaning the old house in preparation for renting it out. I looked down. "Nice socks," I told my sister.

Have I mentioned that the accountant looks like J.E.B. Stuart, the Confederate General?

I didn't get a chance to look at his socks, though.

3 Comments:

  • Hi Doc,
    I checked out your blog after reading your comment to me on defective yeti. Actually, I have beads on the mind at the moment, and given your handle, I thought I'd ask a potentially inappropriate question. I just walked past a tattoo parlor near my home and noticed a large sign on the door which read, "We do genital beading." Is that what I think it is? Or, it is simply cornrowing for the nether regions?

    By Blogger Edgy Mama, at 2:21 PM  

  • AFG, I wish that the procedure were merely cornrowing...A quick Google search gave me a.) the willies, and b.) the sense that the procedure (which is considered a "body modification") should be performed only in a sterile setting by a licensed surgeon.
    But thanks for sharing... ;)

    By Blogger Dr. Beads, at 2:06 PM  

  • Oh yeah, it is as I had feared. I'd heard about "pearl placement" when I was treking through Thailand several years ago. The internet site I discovered on the subject had actual surgical photographs that may give me nightmares. I'm totally with you on the sterile setting thing--how does being a tatoo artist equip you for surgery?

    By Blogger Edgy Mama, at 5:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home