Dr. Beads

Sunday, April 23, 2006

Gender Treason

My blood pressure has gone up another twenty points with the media swirl over yet another self-serving, hypocritical book by Caitlin Flanagan.

Puddly-ump summers ago, my dear friend's beloved spouse was one of a group of teachers who participated in a National Endowment for the Humanities program in London. Caitlin Flanagan was also in the group. My friend's spouse recently told me that he's surprised that CF has become a paid writer. He was not positively impressed by her writing then, felt that she used the program as a way to visit family members in the U.K. inexpensively, and mostly remembers her lack of participation and her complaints about the class. She didn't even manage to finish -- she left early, claiming illness in the family. What a waste of skin and oxygen, let alone taxpayers' money.

Caitlin Flanagan can kiss my humanitarian, gender-equitable aspirations.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home