Dr. Beads

Thursday, August 18, 2005

Farwell to All That

I just returned from a two-day business trip to Southern California.

In a weird way, I enjoy these trips, in part because they make me appreciate the area where I live (Northern California) so much more.

Air is not supposed to be gray and thick.

I know, I know, my preference for Northern California ignores the many cultural advantages of Southern California.

Like the chance to choose among five In-n-Out Burgers during a moderate commute.

Or the mile after mile of shopping malls near the freeways, and the mile after mile of housing developments farther back.

And the wonderful choice among Target, Mervyn's, and (gasp) Mall*Wart! Within a few blocks of one another!

1 Comments:

  • I feel the same way about my SoCal trips... Which are (thankfully) less frequent these days.

    By Blogger Jen(n), at 1:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home